Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore Model # 110.63112100

Waneewek

I have a kenmore dryer that has no heat or no tumbling action.  I tested all the limits, door switch, and start switch.  I need a wiring diagram to check the selector switch.  Can I get a wiring diagram for this model?

Thanks,

Wan

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not take the time to look but if this an electric dryer the white plastic fuse on the vent housing would cause the dryer to be dead and of course there would not be any heat unless the motor was in fact running as the heat circuit runs thru the motor switch, did you check this fuse???

Yes, this is electric.  Are you talking about the thermal overload?  It's white, about 1-1/2" long, and as wide as a pencil.  Otherwise, I didn't know there was a fuse on the vent housing.

Thanks for your help Peggi!

Wan

That looks like the thermal overload that I was talking about.  I tryed to jump that out and still nothing.  I see on the wiring diagram that there is a non resettable thermal cutoff (352 degrees) as well as the thermal fuse (196 degrees).  Am I reading this diagram right?  If the 352 degree thermal cutoff opened, that would only stop the dryer from heating and the motor would still run?

Thanks,

Wan

That is correct...time to get out the volt stick and see where you have lost the voltage to the motor...

Check for proper voltage where the pigtail mounts on to the dryer...3 prongs....left-middle-right......middle to left 120VAC/ middle to right 120VAC/ outside to outside 240ish VAC.....check breaker

check the red wire in the motor harness and see if it is burnt .. pretty common

It was the Thermal Ooverload.  I tested that yesterday and it showed that it was bad.  So, I put a jumper across it and the motor still didn't run.  I replaced the overload today and the motor fired up.  Go Figure!

Thanks for all your help!

Wan

koo--key....glad ya got it going...i would keep an eye on it and make sure it's not overheating (cycling stat over the discharge beside the motor fuse)...kicker here is the cycling should shut out at 155 degrees and the mortor fuse blows at 196 so in reality the dryer should not see temps that high (clogged vent stat or the such could be making things alittle crazy) just a tip for down the road...good luck

Archived