Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Bake ignitor replacement on Kenmore Elite m#7907921330

Rocket Appliance

Hello all!

I'm trying to fix a Kenmore Elite gas range,...no bake condition...broil works fine....I located the bake igniter and tested it 1.3 amps... its bad right? should be 3.2-3.6 amps if I'm correct,...

The problem I'm having is probably really simple one for you gurus out there..lol..I  slide the range out a little and took the back cover off...well the broil igniter was visible on the back side (ie ; wires,plug connector ect..) but the bake igniter wires are not visible...so  when I tested the  Bake igniter I had to test and locate it by taking the racks out of the oven, then I took the bottom panel out two flat head screws, which exposed the  burner plate I guess you could call it,...I removed the burner plate (very thick piece of metal) which exposed the burner and igniter,...I was able to remove the two 1/4" screws that hold the igniter in place and pull just enough slack to get my Amprobe on there giving me the low amp reading of 1.3 amps....My problem now is how do I get at the plug connection for the igniter??... Do I have to remove more panels or the burner?...

I remember seeing a visual guide on this somewhere on the forum but I cant find it now of course,...lol..

Im such a rookie eh?...well you gotta learn somehow...lol..

Thanks for your help guys and gals,...

Rocket.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived