Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore Commercial Model # 417.27182700

Waneewek

Can I please get the technical data sheets or repair manual for this washer?  This washer stops in the middle of cycle ( I believe the Final spin cycle but not sure) and the timer keeps advancing and clothes come out drenched.  I know that there are some testing procedures but there not with the machine.

Thanks,

Wan

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have an intermitten problem with a Kenmore Commercial washer with a coin operator mounted on top that I can't figure out.  Anybody with any advice would be appreciated.

My problem is, at some point during the cycle (doesn't seem to matter where, rinse, spin, final spin) the washer stops and the timer doesn't advance, and power light still on.  It doesn't do this every wash and when I disconnect the power it seems to clear the problem.  So, with the coin box mounted on top I have to disconnect the power to remove the top and of course the machine runs fine after that.  Does this particular model have a service mode and error codes for technicians to use for trouble shooting problems?  The washer seems to be installed properly, and I have good water pressure.  I have replaced the door switch and the speed controller assembly which is suppose to advance the timer when needed.

Thanks,

Wan

Check the 10 pin connector on the speed control board. If harness is taped  or cable tied to the drain hose, cut it loose and seperate it completely. Long story. Have a post in this forum from about this time last year explaining.

have a close look at the bottom of the timer where the plug connects...

when the tub goes out of balance it can smash the bottom of the timer bending it, making a bad connection at the timer harness

next time you remove the lid/top, look down at the white disc that is attached to the timer shaft ( Where the old manual knob was) is it pushed all of the way back towards the timer and not dragging or touching the front console?  I trim the console if they touch. You may have to watch for a complete cycle or close to it...... keep us posted....

Archived