Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE MONOGRAM ZISB42DYB

texasred

This unit has the evap and compressor on top of unit. I need to access evap.

Their is an access panel inside the ceiling of the freezer, but it is very small.  Need help as to is their an access panel on top of the unit, it is a built in sxs. The cabinets around the unit have settled and will require a cabinet company to cut out part of the cabinet to pull unit out. Also if anyone has manual let me know! Thanks for any help!  

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No this is not same as unit I am working on . On my uni the left side of upper compartment houses the evap. All corners that are exposed are riveted in place. I believe the access panel is on top of unit for evap?  I was hoping to find manual that discusses changing out evap

• Team Samurai

I can't find anything on this one. Could you post some pictures so we can see what you're looking at?

• Team Samurai

Good find, Master Reg. Domo! :dude:

Yes the link reg supplied is basically the same. What is happening is the drain pan has two problems. the drain pan heater tests good. i believe it is not turning on in defrost? hooked test cord to and heated some. i do not know how much or how long it should heat, probably entire defrost cycle? but it forms ice in the pan and blocks drain. and water runs down into freezer compartment. so the heater is not doing its job.  the other issue is the drain line runs to the compressor area and drains into pan under compressor.  this drain hose is lower at drain pan than it is at compressor pan. i cannot get the drain pan any higher on evap due to depth of pan

so i believe an ice damn is forming in drain pain outlet and does not melt enough when evap is in defrost to allow water to run to compressor drain pan. great GE design huh!! this time out i am going to replace drain pan heater and defrost thermo. if anyone has dealt with this :rocker:problem any service manual or ideas mucho appreciated!!  :rocketman: yeh I considered using the 12 guage shotgun solution but a $5000  box makes for expensive hunt!!:huh:

I could email the Service Manual ...

manual sent

Archived