Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

kitchenaid dishwasher m# KUDM24SEWH1

cuzzin sam

Today I looked at a leaky kitchenaid dishwasher and found the water coming out of the door bottom. Opening the door I found a 1/2 inch gap between the inner door liner (at the bottom) and the outer frame. Is this where the bottom door seal should be? I assume something needs to be there to hold the water in.  Thanks, Cuz-Sam

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Team Samurai

Pull the lower spray arm off and look at item 14. Lift up on the top part of it and look carefully for a slight separation in the seam. Common problem with these older units. The water squirts out that split directly on the door gasket. Po' ol' do' gasket wasn't made to stand up to that.

I'll check that tomorow fo sho, bubububut, is the door bottom supposed to be open? Seems like any ol splash could get under there. Course, I ain't no samurai right? Cuz

Hey there guys Ive got the same problem....Samurai are you saying that you need picture #13 the "pump outlet seal"? (part#302711)......do we need to buy that "pump centering tool"???(part#303918)...thanks for the post  cuzzin sam..lol..I thought it was a wash-arm seal problem..lol...

• Team Samurai

[user=32861]cuzzin sam[/user] wrote:

Opening the door I found a 1/2 inch gap between the inner door liner (at the bottom) and the outer frame. Is this where the bottom door seal should be?

Not sure there is a bottom door seal on these. Post a picture of what you think is missing. The water seal is done by the door gasket.

[user=29719]Rocket Appliance[/user] wrote:

Hey there guys Ive got the same problem....Samurai are you saying that you need picture #13 the "pump outlet seal"? (part#302711)

Item 14. No centering tool needed... IF that's the problem, as I described.

Here's the service manual for this dishwasher:

http://tinyurl.com/5zloaw

Hmm, I'll try to take a pic tonight but in the meantime here's some more info that may help (doncha love it when idjits like me leave out information) The door gasket comes down the sides to the lower corner pieces, then theres nothing along the bottom and nothing gasket-like on the door either. Could this be

http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=3123&PPStack=1 

There's gotta be something cushy between the door bottom and the cabinet to make a seal right?

signed, master idjit flunkie third class, cuzzin sam

Hey Pegi, I think its #7 on the door and latch section. As it sits now, there's nothing to stop any water from getting around the inner door liner. Water is splashing from the tub and dripping from inside the door "sandwich".

[user=32861]cuzzin sam[/user] wrote:

Hey Pegi, I think its #7 on the door and latch section. As it sits now, there's nothing to stop any water from getting around the inner door liner. Water is splashing from the tub and dripping from inside the door "sandwich".

If that part is missing from yours or looks bad at all, I would give that a try.

Ref#7 OEM part# 9742631 is the lower door seal that you linked to at RepairClinic, it is attached to the plastic inner door liner, it appears.

Also another thing to check is the split ring bearing, (under the lower spray arm), Ref# 5 on page 5, (part# 3376846), the center lip wears away letting the spray arm drop to low and also makes gaint waves from the water spraying out from under the spray arm.  If you have any doubts about the condition of this part take the one out of the upper rack spray arm, (Page 8, Ref# 1), it is the exact same part and the upper bearing/seal ring doesn't wear out hardly ever, (the way it ride on the spray arm water tube doesn't wear like the one on the bottom spray arm does).

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd toss out the solution - a screw had worked it's way out of the pump outler and the water pressure had puched the o-ring/gasket out of place. It was stretched a little but not broken so I worked it back in place, screwed the housing back in place. Score - Idjit 1, Leak 0. Thank-ee for the help.  Cuzzin Sam

Archived