Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Artic Air MOD.# R22CWB SER.# WA03800497

jambatt

Need Service Manual and Wiring diagram. Anyone familiar with this commercial refrigerator? Friggy made. Suspect bad cold control. Ice buildup on evap coil. Temp in mid to high 40's range. Assume it works the same as Sub Zero FF evap coil. Does evap fan run continously or does it shut down when compressor shuts off?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Team Samurai

Not familiar with particular model but based on your seeing build up of ice on the evap, I'd suspect the defrost system before the cold control. At least, I'd start troubleshooting there: manually initiate defrost and see if the heaters fire up. If not, check continuity of def. heaters and the rest of the drill.

There should be a tech sheet cleverly hidden in the machine which will have a wiring diagram. That diagram will tell you most of what you need to know about how that fridge works including the defrost system and evap fan operation.

Is this a side by side or top and bottom fridge?

R22CWB

maybe R22CW8 ?

Arctic Air: "Don't forget.  Any color, as long as it's white!"

Single Door Fridge (only). Freezer shown is separate unit.

Download Product Brochure (PDF) (Model R22CW)

may also be Crosley R22C

R22CW8 Parts Diagram at Frigidaire

I couldn't find a Wiring Diagram, yet.

:beating: Wiring Diagram is in the Owner's Guide at Frigidaire

R22CW8 Owner's Guide

(evap fan runs continously)

This a cheap lower end single door commercial refrigerator. Appears to operate like the Sub Zero FF  side. No sign of defrost heater or defrost timer. Thanks for the manual USReg. I figured if anybody could find some info on this unit it would be you.

this fridg is branded "ICP"  here in arizona  , fan is wired to run  all the time , no defrost heater or timer  common problem is the knob brakes and does not turn the thermostat , the thermostat ends up turned to far up or down , so remove knob and look at the thermostat itself , should be near middle .  any other ? ........... BTW : i think these boxes are crap , you will see why if  you have to take it apart !

[user=24427]jambatt[/user] wrote:

... No sign of defrost heater or defrost timer...

Parts Diagram & Wiring Diagram shows Defrost Heater & Timer...

on the refrig unit there is no timer , defrost thermostat , or heater ....... i work on more than a few of these ........ please feel sorry for me ......

CB is correct on both counts. Seems they use the same box and then just add a defrost heater circuit if it needs to be a freezer. You were right Reg about the B being an 8. Old peepers ain,t what they used to be. Thanks to both of you.

Archived