Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

frigidaire refrig m# FRS23KR4AW2

cuzzin sam

I looked at this side by side yesterday - the complaint was that the fresh food was freezing and lots of moisture on the shelves and walls. I found the damper stuck wide open, and after freeing it, it would open and close. There was also an icicle hanging from the filter housing and when I took the filter out it was frozen solid. I presumed that possibly/maybe the expansion of the ice had pushed down on the housing causing the oring at the top to loose its seal.

After putting it all back together - no drips from the filter and the damper was operating and the return wasn't blocked so I pronounced it healed (with the warning that the damper may have to be replaced if it happened again)

This morning I got the call that it was still wet inside and before I go back, could somebody tell me if the stuck damper could cause all the moisture (on the walls not the dripping filter). I'm wondering if the low temp caused by the stuck damper could make the walls act like the evap coil and collect frost?

Many thanks, Cuz

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if the damper is still operating properly when you return and there is still moisture on the walls then there's got to either be an air leak or the interior light is staying on. Frost around the damper area is normal if it has been stuck.

[user=32861]cuzzin sam[/user] wrote:

Nah, the gaskets look ok

are the Doors mis-aligned / skewed ?

try the Dollar Bill test... should be tight the length of the gaskets

Ok guys I found the prob and thought I'd toss out the solution. When I went back - the damper was still working by the way - I found a hairline crack in the filter housing, probably caused by the stuck damper blowing directly on it and of course it was misting everytime somebody got water from the door or the ice maker called.

I have another question now - do the water lines release like some inline filters - push the line in, push the gromet in, and pull the lines out? Thanks guys

Archived