Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Frigidaire Gallery Oven PLGF389ACA

Tim M

. I'm hoping to get a few ideas before I look at this one. I didn't find any Frigidaire range manuals in the Xdrive stash, but I did search through some articles on this site.

. Got a call from someone who says she the oven takes a minute to start (which sounds like normal glow plug warming up), but when it does it "explodes". I guess this must not be too violent an explosion, as they continue to use it. At first I assumed this was that the safety valve was letting gas through before the glow plug was fully up, or there was a small leak somewhere, but after my diligent perusal of everything I could find on this site, I wonder if the burner orifices are clogged.

. Have others run into a similar situation? Is the burner the place to start and what things should I test?

Thanks to you all.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Repalce the bake ignitor. Very common problem, thank god. You will find the burner orefices as clean as a whistle if you look at them during the ten minutes it will take you to change out the glowbar.

Before replacing the ignitor, check the burner ignition and crossover ports.

I had a similar Frigidaire that was taking like two minutes before the gas would come out, (it was a weak ignitor, gas valve should open within about 45 to 60 seconds max.), but unlike with most weak ignitors this one would open the valve fully after about two minutes and you could hear the gas rushing out very loudly but still no ignition.

Found that a very bad boil over spill in the oven had made it's way down between the back gap between the oven floor and back wall and a big glop of cooked food was right on top of the burner and had covered the ignition and cross over ports in the burner, so when the gas safety valve did finally open it wouldn't ignite until the oven filled with gas and then --- BOOOOOOMMMMM!!!! We have ignition.

Archived