Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Thermador Professional series gas range error codes???model#PG486GEBS/14

Rocket Appliance

Hello all! I have a serious problem with this range! Its a Thermador Pro. series 48" gas range with the two ovens,.. main oven on the right, and the smaller oven to the left. The original problem was it would not come to a desired temp. in the main oven,.it would try to come up to temp, sometimes it would reach the correct temp, lets say 350 degrees, and then would not re-light to maintain temp..I called tech support and they told me to check the chassis ground and the power at the wall where the unit plugs in..(110V its gas) all fine...then they said it sounds like a control board issue,... so......I ordered the main control board, It came with the new main board and a Aux. board and a new jumper for the main board,..I put the whole thing back together and plugged her in and tested the unit....well,....new problem!!!! It now wont light, or do anything. worse than before! It now flashes a code I think.... the code is coming from the main oven...there is a light that says the oven is on and a light that says oven is heating...well I get 1 flash on the oven light and 2 flashes on the heating light...this code repeats non-stop...????

Anybody dealt with this problem before? or seen this range before?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[user=29719]Rocket Appliance[/user] wrote:

... The original problem was it would not come to a desired temp. in the main oven,.it would try to come up to temp, sometimes it would reach the correct temp, lets say 350 degrees, and then would not re-light to maintain temp..

did you check the current draw (AMPS) of the Ignitor ?

PG486GEBS

might that be a

PGR486Gxxx

OR

PRG486Gxxx

Error Code 12 Sensor Shorted results = Affected oven off

Oven Sensor = 1100 OHMS at 70F

That could be the model#...I ordered the main board with that # ...my suppliers site is down so I cant cross reference it for a model # but that sounds right to me looks like I lost the "R" in the model #...lol...

I tested the oven sensor when the customer first called me out..I actually changed it out with a new one...same problem...

As for the ignitor this gas range does NOT have a typical ignitor it uses a piezo ignition system like the surface burners... It does use a standard ignitor for the broil feature in both ovens...

When I turn the unit to say 350 it makes some loud relay noises coming from the Aux. board??? wont light or attempt to light...this is the same for both ovens.

Any Ideas? maybe I should put some new oven sensors in it and try it? I should know better..lol.."always replace oven sensors when replacing a board"

Thanks Regus PatOff for your input..any more thoughts?..please...

could be a

PGR486Gxxx

OR

PRG486Gxxx

What's the part number for the Controller ?

Part# for control board and aux board (both came together) P#499845

thanks again Regus

seems to be the PGR486

I could  send you the 12MB Service manual if I had your email address..

Would one bad oven sensor in either range make this code and stop both ovens not work at all?

[user=3641]RegUS_PatOff[/user] wrote:

... Error Code 12 Sensor Shorted results = Affected oven off

that's what I thought..."affected oven off" not both ovens off..what are the chances of both oven sensors are bad? I guess ill just replace both oven sensors and see what happens..I can always re-use the sensors if that doesnt work...its a common oven sensor..no cost to the customer..

Archived