Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

FTF2140ES2

Waneewek

I have a Frigidaire front load washer that won't run at all.  The LED's are lit up and the push to start LED is blinking but when you push the start button nothing happens.  When I push the Pause/Cancel button nothing happens either.  If I unplug the machine and wait a couple minutes and plug it back in the same LED's are flashing.  It won't go into diagnostics or can I get it to display an Error code.  I'm guessing that the main control board is bad.  What do you think?

Wan

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[user=13125]Waneewek[/user] wrote:

... It won't go into diagnostics

you've tried this ?

Diagnostic Test:

The diagnostic test is performed by using the Program Knob. To START THE TEST:

• Turn the Program Knob to start position, Drain/Spin.

• Press Pause Cancel to turn off LEDs.

• Within 5 seconds, press and hold the Option and Pause Cancel buttons until LEDs start sequentially chasing, then release buttons.

Yes, I attempted the diagnostic test, but when I press the Pause/Cancel button to turn off the LED's nothing turns off and therefore won't go into diagnostics when I press the Option and Pause/Cancel buttoms and the program knob in the spin/drain cycle.

Wan

a stuck button can cause what you describe, remove the control board from the front panel and make sure all springs are installed properly behind the buttons and that all the buttons move freely

do this with the control panel on a table or large flat surface cause those lil springs like to disappear  :/

but before you bother with doing that.... make sure the child lock is not turned on

And if all of what BrntToast says checks out it time to change the control board.

I ran into one of these one time that it would come up in normal cycle and display would flash 'Pau' and no buttons would do anything, no mater how long the unit was left unplugged.

Replaced the main control board and it fixed the problem.

Ah, that sounds like a possibility.  I don't beleive that there was a child lock function on this washer, but I will check again.

Thanks,

Wan

there is a lock, its 2 buttons in the options row held togeather at the same time for 5 seconds

sorry forget what 2 buttons, but there is an icon on the control panel that shows which 2 you hold in

I believe if those units are in child lock mode the display shows "Loc" when any button is pushed.

no display on the 2140

think its the 2940 that has a display redout

the 2140 just has a LED for the lock, which can be missed in all the flashing lights

[user=20728]BrntToast[/user] wrote:

no display on the 2140

think its the 2940 that has a display redout

the 2140 just has a LED for the lock, which can be missed in all the flashing lights

Ok, that makes sense, because I don't believe the ones without an LED display have a seperate light to display it being locked!

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lock function that I didn't see, but it was one of the only LEDs that wasn't blinking or on.  I replaced the control board and all is well.

Thanks for all of your help!

Wan

Archived