Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Tub bearing kit for he4 M# 110-47571600

Rocket Appliance

I have got a fairly new whirlpool (Duet sport/he4) front load and the tub bearing has gone ,...making some real noise on high spin!!! I have the offender in my shop and was wondering if anyone out there had a part # for a bearing kit for this machine or perhaps a whole tub replacement like whats available on the Friggy front load (I know that you could buy the whole assembly and save on labor????...

Thought maybe some one has done one and might want to share some tips....

Thanks in advance all!

Jolee at Rocket Appliance

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The model number is an HE2/HE2t or Duet Sport. Not HE3, HE4, or HE5 :)

Sears Parts Direct p/n 280255 $333.02

Rear Shell/Bearing for Mod 110.47571600 aka HE2

When we used to order the HE2 tubs, they used to come with the front and rear shells...  I don't think they do now... The Duet Sport ht comes with front and rear still but that tub will have a HUGE hole in the front for the heater..

Marcone can order it from the factory cheaper usually...

Labor isn't too bad... nothing like a frigidaire tub... I can do the entire tub replacement in a little over an hour by myself in the customers home... Once you get the process down, its not that bad...

Our whole company will only allow helpers on tub jobs for frigidaire only... they won't allow helpers on whirlpool front load washers because the tubs can be stripped completely before the tub and basket is removed...

On frig. front load , lift the cabinet off the tub assy.  It is a lot lighter and easier to handle.  Done a few all by myself and I am old and arthritic...

Thanks guys,....Ya he2...lol...where did I get he4 from?...Too much rice wine!....The whirlpool bearing is new to me Ive diagnosed lots of old front load friggys,... the first type.No one has wanted to fix them with a price to repair around $250-$300... So the bearing change out is a new one for me...

Whats the job like to do the bearing ? What parts should I order to cover this whole repair? Is the whole tub replacement a better way to go?

Thanks guys for your help!

Jolee.

[user=23009]Tronicsmasta[/user] wrote:

how do you seperate the cabinet from the base unless i am misunderstanding you

You don't seperate the cabinet from the base.

You lay a blanket, (floor protection and pulley protection), down on floor, tip machine onto it's back, remove the support springs and lift complete cabinet off wash assembly.  This is, of course, after you have removed the pump connection/front boot/shocks/motor control and motor, (you could probably leave the motor attached but I find it easier and less weight to deal with if it's removed).

Real easy after you do the first one this way, (Thanks to Grey One's advice I tried this method and really liked it!!!!!!!).

Is the bearing(s) available as a separate  part? All I can find is the rear outer tub section part#280255 for $205.00 is there a cheaper way to go about this?

Thanks again for your time guys!

Jolee

Thanks for helping out Budget. It is amazing how easy it is ... Next time there are two of you Tronic. , give it a try. Still nice to have two people  -  about 45 min. after you have everything in house and two of you to work - one at back and one at front.

Does anyone know if the bearing is available seperate? or just as the rear shell/bearing assembly part# 280255.....

You can get the bearings and seals from almost any industrial supply house, Just give them the measurements (usually in millimeters) and they can supply you with what you need for little cost.

Great! Thanks AccApp! Have you ever done just the bearings before on this type of machine? I was wondering if I will have to worry about the shaft being scored or marked?....

Archived