Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore Model # 110.20702991

Waneewek

Could I get a service manual for this Kenmore?  I have a Kenmore washer that has a three speed motor setting switch for agitate and spin cycles.  The switch itself seems to be working fine.  During the agitation portion of the wash everything works in all 3 setting (very slow, slow, and fast).  During the spin cycle (I beleive) that there were only two options which are slow and  fast and the slow is the only one that works.  But, when I switch the selector switch from slow spin to fast spin it sounds like something is trying to happen (down by the motor), but does'nt.  Any of your thoughts would be appreciated.

Wan

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your local Sears Parts & Service center has a service manual you can purchase for this machine.  You want the manual for the Direct Drive Kenmore washers.

After further reveiw; the washer would spin at one speed (low), but when I attempted to grab the spin basket with my hand I was able to stop it completely.  I removed the spin basket and was able to grab and stop the splined end of the transmission as well.  Bad transmission?

Once again, thanks for all your help!

Wan

[user=13125]Waneewek[/user] wrote:

After further reveiw; the washer would spin at one speed (low), but when I attempted to grab the spin basket with my hand I was able to stop it completely.  I removed the spin basket and was able to grab and stop the splined end of the transmission as well.  Bad transmission?

Once again, thanks for all your help!

Wan

No, bad and/or oiled clutch or stripped drive block.

When spinning the agitator just free-wheels along with the spin basket from the friction of the seals on the shaft, you should be able to stop it.

So you are saying that if I remove the agitator and the spin basket and set the washer to spin cycle and grab the splined end of the transmission with my hand that I should be able to stop it?

Wan

[user=13125]Waneewek[/user] wrote:

So you are saying that if I remove the agitator and the spin basket and set the washer to spin cycle and grab the splined end of the transmission with my hand that I should be able to stop it?

Wan

I certainly would NOT advise you to do that!!!!!!!!

With just the splined shaft sticking up and spinning at full speed of spin basket you have a good chance of ripping your fingers up a little OR A LOT!!!!!!

It's no problem to stop it by putting pressure with the palm of your hand on top of the spinning installed agitator, it's a smooth top and give more area to grap hold of and stop it instead of just a 1/2" round splined shaft.

Willie:

Well, like I said, it was spinning very slow and with a leather glove on I was able to stop it by hand.  But, I certainly wouldn't of thought that I would be able to do that. 

I guess that I could use some input on how that drive system actually works.  Can you help me with that?  I sure would appreciate it!

Wan 

Archived