Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

whirlpool range #RF388LXKQ

cuzzin sam

...were trying to figure out the problem on this range. The owners claimed it would cut itself off, then flash PF at them. I found the broil element burned off near the terminal and several arced spots on the cabinet where the wire had shorted to ground. After clearing the wire I turned the bake element on and checked the voltage at the terminal block and it stayed within a few tenths with oven on and off, so, I replaced the element and found that I wasn't getting 240 to the broil element AND the clock would occasionally go off plus all kinds of flashes on the LED screen.

I couldn't find any visible damage/burnt spots on the board but I wonder if the short to ground over amped and fried something in there. I'm assuming the broil relay is the likely culpret and wouldn't necessarily be visible, but with all the clock/errorcode and general flashing on the LED I'm wondering if something else on the board could be fried? Any ideas from my intelig...smart friends?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Team Samurai

Sounds like a flakey power or neutral connection. Start at the outlet plug and make sure it's goodntight. Check for pitting or arcing. Next, hop to the power connector at the board and make sure it's snapped in place; remove and replace a few times. Check the solder connections at the power harness pins on the board for cracks for scorching. Ensure the wires in the harness are tight and not recessed at all so they're making good contact with the pins. Check voltage a the boards power connector while wiggling the wires. You get the idea.

Archived