Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

New member questions

bbealing

I'm not new to viewing this site but I am a new member that realizes the value of the information contained in this site. I'm trying to use this information and others as a tool out in the field (where the need truly exists) via a netbook/wireless card.

Me and my service tech's need technical information on site;  brand/model specific service manuals, illustrated parts breakdowns, recall info, parts availability/delivery times info, system/component troubleshooting guides, etc.

Is this information available on this site?  What must I do to get it?  Must I create a new post at the job site & wait for a response?  I really don't know so I must ask.

Again, I am trying to take the vast knowledge of the internet to the job site.  Do other members have any helpful suggestions or ideas that could help me do that?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Team Samurai

Welcome to the Samurai Forums!

We're not really set up to be a tech hotline-- we have day jobs, too. I check in during the day either between calls or on my iphone while in the field, but we don't have operators standing by or anything. That's why the forum structure is ideal-- it's time-shifted vs. real-time so it allows for other activities.

Nevertheless, since the Samurai is compassionate and of great gootness, he makes every effort to help his apprentices achieve their mostest. If you're really in a jam in the field, you can try calling me at my compooter: 603-466-7388. That number will ring here at my 'pooter. If I'm here, I'll answer and if I can hepya, I will.

We can also video chat via Skype. This can be useful if you're on a notebook compooter and you can move it around the appliance you're working on so I can see, too. My Skype handle is zenzoidman.

I recommend that you download everything in the repair manual stash and keep a local copy on the hard drive of your notebook. That way, it's right where you need it and it's searchable!

You can get parts breakdowns for many brands at the Sears retail site.

For appliance recalls, check in frequently with http://recalls.fixitnow.com

(BTW, I'm moving this topic to the Enrolled Students Classroom so I don't get flooded with calls from Grasshoppers!)

can "Chiefs" read the Enrolled Students Classroom ?

I'm not sure of the access levels of the different user's levels..

classroom

stash

etc. ..

• Team Samurai

Yeah, I just changed it so they could. Figured that was as good a place as any to move this topic with info that I don't want users below Chief to see, like my Skype phone.

I only give full access to the Stash to Chiefs, Fellows, and the occasional soul who makes an unusually generous love-offering to The Cause.

Thank you for responding.  I have extensively researched my goal of bringing the internet to the field.  You have "the best" overall appliance troubleshooting information that I could find on the internet.  It is clear to me that you are working "very" hard to help us out here in the field and you should be proud of that accomplishment (that's why I sent my membership fee with a smile on my face).  Please keep up the good work!

I am trying my best to learn everything your site has available.  But, I don't see any "secret stash of service manuals" option.  I don't even see where you moved my original post.  It's probably right in front of me, so don't be too harsh with your response (lol).

Again, thank you for you help!

Got it!  After reading your post, I followed your link backwards and found it.  (I don't remember seeing that before but oh well.  Again, thanks.

• Team Samurai

Domo for the kind words, mah bruvah. :dude:

[user=53833]bbealing[/user] wrote:

But, I don't see any "secret stash of service manuals" option.

The link to the Stash was emailed to you shortly after you subscribed. You should have gotten it by now. Check your spam folders. If you still can't find it, lemme know and I'll re-send.

To my knowledge I did not receive an email from you.  I did get (2) email notifications when you responded to my post (one for each response).

I have linked my "new" gmail address to this account & and based on what you said, I don't even see a SPAM option.  (I'll have to look into this)

I have another email address-maybe you could send it to that: bbealing@yahoo.com or bbealing@comcast.net.

Thanks

Archived