Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Frigidaire Dishwasher Model # FDR252RBS2

Waneewek

I have a Frigidaire Dishwasher Model # FDR252RBS2 that needs a new pump seal.  Is there a trick to removing the old seal or should it just pull right off?  I have the motor out of the dishwasher and stripped down to the mechanical seal, but that seal won't budge.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Wan

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[user=13125]Waneewek[/user] wrote:

I have a Frigidaire Dishwasher Model # FDR252RBS2 that needs a new pump seal.  Is there a trick to removing the old seal or should it just pull right off?  I have the motor out of the dishwasher and stripped down to the mechanical seal, but that seal won't budge.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Wan

Are you sure you only need the seal kit? Do  you really have all pieces of the old drain impeller off the motor shaft?

These new Frigidaire 18" dishwashers have a plastic motor shaft which when something gets down into the drain impeller and jams it the impeller will strip out the plastic motor shaft and sometimes the plastic drain impeller wheel will separate from its inner hub that splines to the motor shaft.

I have a bad feeling you're going to have to replace the complete pump/motor assembly.

The first one of these I every worked on had this problem and not knowing what a good drain impeller looked like, I thought the impeller center just stripped out and ordered a new impeller and the seal kit.  When I went to install it I found that the center hub of the drain impeller was still on the plastic motor shaft, (melted into it and the plastic motor shaft was bad also). The only fix is to order the motor/pump assembly, it comes complete with all new seals and impellers.

154365401 Drain impeller http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=890308

154582601 Pump/Motor http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=154&N=1184207

Thank you both for your help!  Budget Man, you hit the nail on the head!  The drain impeller was bad and it looks like some of the plastic got under the rubber boot thats over the spring and fused itself to the plastic shaft.  I had to rip the rubber boot off and chissel the plastic off the shaft.  Thanks to both of you for your help and quick response.

Wan

Archived