Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Unzip appliance manual stash

Tim M

Has anyone else had a problem unzipping bulk (compressed) downloads from the MediaFire Stash of appliance manuals?

I've tried it with Stuffit Expander 10.0.2 and Zipit 2.2.2 and get a different error message every time.  Sometimes it says it's a format error, other times it says it's not a compressed file…

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Team Samurai

I have had trouble with this on occasion. I think Mediafire has periodic bad hair days. Try it again in a day or so and let us know.

OK. I think I'd had some luck with it a couple of months ago. I thought I couldn't remember what I did. But maybe it just fixed itself.

you have to make sure you wait till the complete (zipped) file is downloaded.

The zip file icon may appear on your computer right away, but it takes a while,

depending on how many files are in the zip.

[user=1]Samurai Appliance Repair Man[/user] wrote:

I have had trouble with this on occasion. I think Mediafire has periodic bad hair days. Try it again in a day or so and let us know.

Yes.  It fixed itself and I had a few multiple downloads with only one retry.  Next time I'll just go to bed and try it again the next day.

Archived