Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Frigidaire Stack Washer/Dryer FLSE60RGS2

jambatt

Any recalls or service bulletins for this model?? Same as GE WSM2700WAWWW. Have had one Friggy and two GE's in two weeks with same problem. Heater thermostat and thermostat shorted out due to water buildup in blower housing. Definitely a design issue.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no recalls or service flashes for a problem like that, least none i have seen yet

water in blowers or vents can only be caused by plugged venting

That was my first thought too, but the vents were clear. I've seen them sweat before, but not enough to accumalate the amount of water that I found in these units. The friggy had almost a half inch of water standing in the drum. All of them had water dripping from around the thermostat. Since all of these are weekly rentals, I can only assume that the touristas are not letting the washer finish the spin cycle to accumulate that much water in the blower housing.

location ?

are these in cold rooms (condensation) ?

Have these units been in apartments with vertical venting? I would love to see a picture of the water if you get another one. I would also like to know if the ones you have already repaired have began to accumulate water again.

No vertical vents, all straight through the floor. Room temps in the mid seventies. Gotta be the dingbatters putting sopping wet items in them and the excess water being pulled through the lint filter.

Archived