Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Central A/C LENNOX Mod. # 10ACB36 - 11P Ser.# 5899F 46860

Mr. Lee Fix

Mr. Lee Fix

11 yr. old, contractor installed at time of the as then new house construction, unit kicked the circuit breaker the other night.  Reset breaker and unit worked...for one night.  Did not trip breaker this time but is only blowing warm (uncooled) air.  Reset breaker, anyway, but to no avail.  Investigation found fried wires leading to the compressor.  Hard start would not work.  Unit has had a very slow leak for 3-4 years now, that requires a once a year recharge and it works for the season.  Do not know where the leak is.

Is it worth installing a new compressor in this unit?  As I do not have the required apparatus I will need someone to both evacuate the old unit and charge the new one/system.  I'll do a tight crimp and seal on the old, install the new, and then have a "QUALIFIED TECH" charge it.  I will need a compressor and any helpful advice or warnings as they may apply.  Unit is in somewhat norhtern New Jersey.  Thank you as always for any help with this project!

Mr. Lee Fix

LENNOX Mod. # 10ACB36 - 11P     Ser.#5899F 46860    1 HP  1 PH   

HCFC22    Factory Charge  228 HI    144 LO    5 Lb.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would need to do an acid test to see if the a-coil is contaminated. R22 is costly and you have to have a card to buy it. The main thing is the leak. If I was you I would get a dude out there to find the leak. The newer units have to have new copper. It might be worth it to get a guy out there that can cure this problem with the leak and properly install the new compressor.

Mr. Lee Fix

As I mentioned, I would have someone do the purge and fill as this is beyond my scope, but after some careful research and input I have decided to scrap the unit and have a new one installed. Thank you for your time and assistance.

Mr. Lee Fix

Archived