Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung gas dryer DV218AGW/XAA

megadan66

Have a customer who's dryer runs for a minute then blinks hE.

I have the repair manual from Samurai's stash, tells me to check air vent, no prob and the thermistor, but doesn't say what the thermistor should read.

I took a reading and it reads 553 ohms so I'm not sure if it's good or not.And if it is I'm not sure what to check next.

Thanx for the help....Dan

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Team Samurai

Have you checked the heating element continuity?

Getting voltage to the heating element?

well it's gas thermal fuse is good, ignitor is good, no voltage to ignitor, didn't check flame sensor and I hate to assume,but I think it's good. Does this thing have a relay to control the burner ? And what should the thermistor read ? But I'm assuming that's good too.Thanx for your help.

• Team Samurai

Whups! Had electric dryer on the brain.

Troubleshoot the gas burner like you would for any other gas dryer. e.g: Does the ignitor glow briefly and then click off? Is the ignitor cracked? Does the burner fire briefly and then shut off?

Thanx fer getting back so quick.do we know what that thermistor should read? The repair manual say's to check it when error hE comes up, but doesn't give a resistance guide.

• Team Samurai

Should be 10 k-ohms @77F. You sure about your resistance reading? If correct, seems like it's near-shorted.

It was reading .553 in the 2k setting. That would be 553ohms right ? or do I need a lesson in reading resistance. And is the 10k the normal resistance of themistors in all dryers ?

No worries though the dryer fixed itself, went back checked the relay on the mother board, tested good and the dryer didn't shut off and give me hE. Plugged the wires that go to the burner circuit back in and walla it worked. Musta been a Korean gremlin.

Isn't it great they solder those relays right to the control board, so if they do go bad you have to replace the whole board.

Thanx for the wisdom O Sublime Master of Appliantology

PS have ya ever heard joe's garage by frank zappa and the song about L Ron Hoover and the church of appliantology ?

Archived