Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE microwave JVM1440BH04

BradE

Anyone have a manual for this microwave or what the high voltage side specs are? I keep blowing the HV diode after about 2 minutes. Everything else seems to be OK, but oviously something is ary. Any past experience knowledge??

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• appl.tech.29501

• BradE

• RegUS_PatOff

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we have a manual for this unit. Have you checked the capacitor for a short?

Time to check the Transformer

xform.gif

1. UNPLUG the oven.
  2. DISCHARGE ALL HIGH-VOLTAGE CAPACITORS. (Procedure)
  3. Disconnect the high-voltage lead from the transformer's high-voltage terminal (or tap).
  4. With an ohmmeter set to the lowest resistance scale, R X 1, measure the resistance from the high-voltage terminal to the transformer chassis (ground).
    1. Some early models are equipped with two or three high-voltage taps. If this is the case, perform the measurement from each tap to chassis ground.
    2. The meter should read about 55 to 70 ohms, depending on which high-voltage tap is being measured and the model being tested.
      1. A substantially higher or lower reading would indicate that the transformer is defective.

[*] Carefully disconnect the leads from the primary (input) terminals [*] Measure from one transformer primary terminal to the other for a normal reading of less than 1 ohm (i.e., .22 ohms)

1. A substantially higher reading would indicate that the primary winding is open.

[*] Set the meter to its highest resistance scale and check from each transformer primary terminal to the transformer chassis (ground) for a normal reading of infinity (open circuit).

1. Any measurement of resistance would indicate some degree of a short to ground

[*] Set the meter back to its lowest resistance scale. Then carefully disconnect the filament leads and measure from one filament terminal to the other for a normal resistance of less than 1 ohm. [*] Set the meter to its highest scale and measure from each filament terminal to chassis ground for a normal reading of infinity (open circuit).

1. Any measurement that is substantially different from the normal readings would indicate a defective transformer.

Because I don't have the specs, I don't know if this is out of range or not. I am getting 134 ohms on the high voltage lead to ground. Don't know if you have access to this models specified range.

thanks

31-9028

lists JVM1440  but doesn' t show that particular schematic

others may be similar

one schematic shows the Transformer resistance values ,,

link PM'd