Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE SXS with no water out the door

AmTec Services

This one has the water line going up thru the door frame to the dispensor. If I undo the line at the door frame and press dispensor I have good water flow at the connector. But no water to top with it connected.

Didnt want to rip it open before I asked my guru's for their wisdom.

Enlighten this apprentice!

............................AmTec  :?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a known GE problem, the water line in the door is frozen

make sure the freezer is not set to max cool, if the thermostat is set normally then the door needs to be changed

we prolly have service bullitins about this fault somewhere on the site

I think you be needing one of deeze here heater kits

Heater Kit Link

01066441.jpg

Steps:

1. Pry off plastic frame.

2. Lift control board out.

3. Disconnect the 3 wire harnesses from circuit board.

4. Unscrew the dispenser unit. (4 Phillip Screws).

5. Peel and stick the heater in the recesses area. See instructions from heater kit for picture on where the heater should go.

6. Splice wires according to instructions that came with the heater kit. Splices are provided. Very easy to do. Just follow the directions. Splice one heater wire to the harness red wire (position 2) and the other heater wire to the (black&white) harness wire (position 6).

7. Plug in the just the one harness to the control board and in 60 seconds you will start to feel the heater area getting warm. That's how you know it's working.

8. Put everything back together and you are in business.

• 3 weeks later...

Got the heater kit installed today. I'll keep you posted if it works. Told the customer it will take 24 to 36 hrs to thaw the line.:shock:

........................AmTec:cheers:

[user=66622]AmTec Services[/user] wrote:

What would be the next step if the heater dont solve the problem?  :shock:

.................AmTec

Hello, my stepping friend. The next step of jihad for this particular repair would be to replace the entire door since it would then be confirmed that the inadequate insulation is door is allowing the water in the tube to freeze.

Archived