Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Mystery Furnace and it's filter location?

madeintaiwan

Hi there all,

I am basically the handyman/super for my mother-in-laws place. I live in the back (converted 4 car garage plus 65 airstream overlander). We (she) has a pair of furnaces in the basement that have no discernable make, model or serial. They do have a honeywell control on the front face and a couple of worn out warning stickers but that's all. I've attached a photo.

What i'm trying to do is: a. see if these have filters on the incoming air side (which I assume they do) and b. replace those filters. What I could use some help on is where to look for those filters. Googling around a bit I see that typically there is a filter right in front of the intake. Is that what I should be hunting around for? The intake manifold connection to the furnace?

Thanks as always for the help.

Nathaniel

post-46469-129045118503_thumb.jpg

post-46469-129045118759_thumb.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Air Filter (if any) would be where the Return Air Duct enters the Furnace.

Thanks RegUS,

Could it be that there is/are no filter/s? Is it something that a HVAC installer usually constructs, ie a receptacle for a filter?

I'm not a Furnace master, but there may be no Filter..

It looks like those Funaces may have been converted from Coal to Natural Gas.

Archived