Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Kenmore 596.75524400

AmTec Services

This is my sister in laws refig. Found the compressor hot and off on thermal. Checked windings and found no opens. Installed 3 in one to try and start it. Locked up. Ordered new comp and installed it this afternoon. Got ready to fire it up and found the control board in side is acting up. Sometimes it has a display, some times not. If you push the light switch the display goes out and wont come back on. Cant do a diagnostic if the board wont light!

When I checked it before the comp install, I noted the numbers on the control would sometimes flicker. The wiring diagram shows this to be the primary control. Do I need to get a new board? HELP!!!!! :excl:

.............AmTec

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Installed the JAZZ board and all is well. You can get a serious backache changing that puppy out! The board had a burn mark on it. My question, can a 3 in 1 burn this board, and if so how? I will not hard wire another one into the control circuit for a test. Wire on my cheater cord first. The master says they are dishonerable and evil. From now on if it wont start with the correct relay, they get a new comp. :whistling:

...............AmTec :thanks:

When I worked for Maytag Factory Services we used to run out of these compressors every summer around July. These Techumseh compressors, (identifyable by a blue Indian logo) had about a 70 percent failure rate. I know you have a Kenmore refrigerator, but Amana made this refrigerator for Sears. This same refrigerator was also sold under the Amana and Maytag nameplates.

Yet, I have the EXACT same compressor in my Amana bottom mount that has run flawlessly for almost 15 years - it's kida like dice - the key is to keep the condenser clean. Mine actually "warns" me that cleaning is required by starting to freeze vegetables in the crispers. After a good cleaning, the run time must reduce and this effect disappears

I have been told more than once that a 3 in 1 can cause electronic control damage, but never cut them into the circuit anyhow. I will use one wired to a cheater and power the compressor to test, but isolated from the cabinet wiring.

• 7 months later...
richseattle56

The newer refrigerators that have a board, of any kind, should not have a 3-in-one hooked up to them. Sensei, what your saying is you can hook them to the compressor and then use a 120V cord to power them? Let me know because I won't even try them if fridge has a board.

Thanks

what your saying is you can hook them to the compressor and then use a 120V cord to power them?

Yes - only to isolate and test run the compressor - NOT wired into the fridge control circuit

Archived