Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Bosch Washer Error code 03?

DeathStalker

My wife was washing and when the washer got to the drain/spin cycle the washer started beeping at us. In the display it showed 03. First off, is this where the fault code would show up? If so:

I checked in the trusty manual stash, and found that 03 means, Door lock cannot be locked. This doesn't make sense though because the door IS locked. I can't open it.

Anyways, I turned the washer off and tried the door, then jiggled it a little and turned the washer back on. It started operating again. Good for THIS load, but what does that mean further down the road? Was it just an anomaly or is there something I should check for?

Thanks.

UPDATE: Well it's not working. It cycled for a few minutes and stopped. So what do I do now?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

besides the "mechanical", there's a Switch or two inside

click on picture

01157200.jpg

Thanks RegUS, so I should drain it then test the switch? Or just drain it and replace the switch(es). Remember, I'm a carpenter and computer builder lol who's a complete appliance noob.

you could do either, normally test it, but they do wear-out,

and the price isn't bad, especially for an FP part.

And the clot thickens............

It would seem that my daughter (8) uses the indentation of the door (it's a front loader) as a step stool to get up into the cabinet. With THAT info I think after I drain it I think I'll check the hinges. Is it possible that the switches are still good, but they have just been forced out of alignment?

Also, while I think a permanent maiming is a bit much do you think a good beating of the child is called for lol? Well since we here in Atlanta are "snowed in," I think along with fixing the washer I need to make some little monkey girl a step stool today.

Thanks again RegUS. I joked about being snowed in, but we really are here. I can get around but it would appear that most can't, so it's doubtful that either of the two part stores near me are open today, Sears and Fox.

I'll report back after I fix or fail. :whistling:

• 5 months later...
DeathStalker

Sorry about being so late in replying. I was late in fixing. I got the new switch. Waste of cash. STILL didn't work. I dunno about that 03 code. It's the best diagnostic I had from the manuals available on the forums here and THEY say it was the switch.

Turns out it was another piece of foreign debris in the pump impeller. After God only knows know many months after replacing that damn door switch and it working for a minute, I finally tackled it again. I drained the rancid water that was in there and in order to drain the rest, I had to open the drain hole in the front. When I did, I found a nail or paperclip (forget which) blocking the impeller again.

Lesson Learned: Even though I had already taken one impediment out and cycled it through TWICE (empty) apparently there was another piece of shit in the works to block the impeller. Once I took that out (fix time 5 minutes) everything has worked wonders for three months.

Lesson2: The codes in the manuals posted here are worthless to padawans and apparently to masters as well as no one suggested I look there again.

Lesson3: Have another beer and everything looks better.

unless error 03 was just one of many errors ?

I don't seem to see the model number posted,

but I don't know how I could have posted a Door Switch Assembly for it ...

RegU.S., I think it's back to A and W root beer :rolleyes: ......OR you are picking up some random low frequency radio waves that gives you power to see what is not there :blink:........ P.S. do you happen to know this saturdays Oregon's Mega-bucks lotto numbers??? :thanks:

... sorry, not into the lottery ... :spacecraft:

may be model WFK2401UC from his Dec 2010 service manual request ..

• 3 weeks later...
DeathStalker

Hey Reg, that came out wrong, sorry. I wasn't blaming you, I was blaming the silly code system in the manual. As to the model number, I must have posted it somewhere (I think there may have been another thread, I dunno)because that is the correct switch and model.

I was more poking fun at myself for NOT checking for foreign debris. Like I said, a lesson learned. That will always be the first thing I check from now on lol. I don't care if the thing is on fire with flames shooting out the back, I'm going to check the impeller for debris before I do anything else. :cheers:

But in hindsight, it wasn't working before I replaced the switch. Then it worked for a few "test cycles" and then it quit working again (debris) so the switch probably was bad. What I don't understand is why the 03 error code came up the second time.

Archived