Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Whitfield Profie 30 Pellet Stove

Zulu95

My Whitfield Profile 30 was shutting down and indicating a "Fault" condition by flashing the power light after 15 -35 minutes even with a burning fire. I was advised to replace the photo-eye sensor and after a quick search on the web paid $60 plus S&H for a new sensor. After fitting this I found a Honeywell part # (Honeywell 130367) and a quick search revealed that it was a Honeywell Plug & Play replaceable CDS unit so I sourced the cells and found they cost $11.95 each. They are standard Oil Burner cells any HVAC company would stock. I now have 2 spares on the way via Amazon.com.

One guy on ebay was selling these complete units for $169.95 so don't get ripped off!

Hope this helps somebody out there!

post-4577-0-93022600-1294933384_thumb.jp

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never have even seen a pellet stove. Can you burn corn in it too? Where would you get pellets from? Are you happy with it?

Most can burn a number of different products such as corn etc. I pick up pellets at my local farm/hardware store and, I think, even Lowes and Home Depot carry pellets. I paid $3.78 per 40 lb bag (1 ton load.) and burn about a bag a day when it is colder. It heats our whole house. Apart from some service issues such as this I would say we are very happy with it overall. We had to learn how to clean it properly each season and the quick clean process each day. This is the first part it has required in 5 years. It was 2 years old when we bought the house 3 winters ago. When it is in the low teens or twenties outside we are at 74 degrees inside.

what city / state are you located ?

$3.78 / day x 30 days = $ 113 / month

Archived