Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

ge pfss6pkwbss

Toranaga

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Icemaker cycles fine. I left a thermometer in it while I went to lunch. Wierd, I feel no air flowing in this fridge.

Can't remember on this fridge but either leave door open for 5 minutes and fan should come on. Not sure if you have to press light switch. Your fridge is a dual evap so you really won't hear the fan, typically a dc powered fan that just circulates air in one compartment, doesn't need to force air up to fridge.

If your model provides accurate fridge temps and error codes and you are not seeing temp spikes or getting an error code, I would think your problem would be ice maker mechanics or ice maker thermostat. My thinking is most of these self diagnosis fridges do not diagnose icemaker thermostat or mechanics. But this is just a shot in the dark.

Never worked that kind of fridge. I always start by asking some questions, while I use my pocket thermometer to take the temperature in the freezer section and the fresh food side.

If the freezer section is not cold enough , you will not activate the havest cycle....generaly speaking.

Funny, I just ran into one of the best respected techs in town. He told me to run, not walk, away from this job. He refuses GE and Samsung reefers.

Alright, the icemaker made two loads of ice and quit again. In response to Tuco, the icemaker is actually in the fresh food section. It has its own little drawer. I measure the temp in there at about 20 degrees. I can manually harvest, and get water from the valve (and ice) but left to its own devices, the ice maker won't work. If I read the manual correctly, this machine is supposed to perform a self diagnosis, but its not throwing a code. Suggestions?

• Team Samurai

Samsung has a tech bulletin out on these cheap-azz icemakers. For slow production you supposed to... guess what?... you got: replace the frikkin' icemaker.

From Samsung tech support:

HA HA! Guess what, Joe, I put a little something special in your soup, round-eye pig-dog. Hope you like my pee!

fortune-cookie.jpg

Okay, I'm back. Here's the link to the tech bulletin==> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1922678/Appliance%20Repair%20Manuals/Samsung/Samsung-Slow-Ice-Production.pdf

Great. It's $197 to have it fed exed from RC. The customer is getting married Friday and I'm trying not to take him to the cleaners. Thanks for the help folks. New ice maker it is. BTW, can someone help me decipher the Samsung manual that covers these GE french door units? Its horribly written and I can't make heads or tails most of it. What's the straightforward method (if there is one) for running the diagnostics on the control panel? Wait, its in the tech bulletin, which is a hell of a lot better than the service manual. Anyway, one more question. The tech bulletin covers the samsung RS models. I believe the GE I'm working on correlates to the RF model Samsungs. Any material difference? Ok, one more qeustion. I mean it this time. Do I really need this whole service kit or will the icemaker alone suffice?

T

• Team Samurai

Great. It's $197 to have it fed exed from RC. The customer is getting married Friday and I'm trying not to take him to the cleaners. Thanks for the help folks.

"It's a nice day for a white wedding..." 07079661819299af4436fa6937b43f52.gif

I believe the GE I'm working on correlates to the RF model Samsungs. Any material difference? Ok, one more qeustion. I mean it this time. Do I really need this whole service kit or will the icemaker alone suffice?

Posseepooplay, as they say in France. Have to look up the part by model number. When I do dat for yours, I just get the i/m module==> http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Maker-Assembly/1472552?modelNumber=PFSS6PKWBSS

Dude! that is one freaky pitcher. i will recommend you to my therapist.

in the meantime, i will order the part from RC and away we go. Thanks again.

T

Archived