Click here to check out our on-demand appliance repair training webinars.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE FL Washer Model# WCVH6260FWW

Adirondack Bob

Have a call regarding a GE Front Load Washer Model# WCVH6260FWW -No Spin with an error code E64; door lock error.

Is this a slam dunk "replace door lock" error like the Frigidaire E47 or should more testing be done? Thanks As Always, Bob

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have the call toworrow, it looks like you will be the one telling us the answer ..............

Well, Replaced Door Lock and still no spin. The Tech Sheet says: E64 Check wiring from door lock to control, check all switches on door lock, if the above checks o.k. replace Control. Sooo, the manual says to put it into diagnostics and use either test T10, T11, or T14 and check for 120 volts on the Red and Blue Wires (in that little white box on the floor of the washer) going to the inverter when it is supposed to be spinning and I only got 15 volts. Replace Control? Thanks, Bob

O.K. , With a new door lock and still no 120 volt power to inverter I replace control. STILL NO SPIN! But now i get 120 volts to inverter. Service manual says if you have 120 volts to inverter and motor windings ohm o.k., replace inverter. Replaced inverter and its fixed. Put back in old control and old door lock and still runs fine. Inverter was the problem from the beggining.

My question now is how does an E64 "Unexpected Open Door/ Switch Failure" turn into a bad motor inverter board? According to the tech Sheet if an E64 error occurs, "Check Door Lock Switches and Solenoid. Replace Main Control if wiring, switches and solenoid test functional." This was the only error code stored. If you can't use the error code that the machine gives as a guide, where do you start?

This was the first time working on this machine (they came out in 2005?) so i guess experience goes a long way. Now I know.

Archived