Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG Senseclean M# WD-3243AHD

cuzzin sam

Hi folks, this space shuttle like appliance washes and then dries, at least in theory. When it's supposed to be drying it refuses and quietly says aHE. Being fluent in mumbles, burps and other redneck utterings I immediatly tried to decipher and came up with - "dead Heating Element" but, this is a 120 volt unit and I have 120 volts to ground on both terminals which seems to indicate the element is intact and my "dead Heating Element" translation may be faulty.

All this to ask the question - anybody know what the dHE fault code means? Thanks guys, Sam

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cuzzin sam

• john63

Top Posters In This Topic

dHE (Dryer Heating Error)

I am unfamiliar with the MODEL NUMBER (Canadian/UK/Australian?)

I'll hazard a guess that it's a COMBO washer & dryer similar to the US WM3431HW model.

Whenever a 24 inch width model combo unit shows a "dHE" error---the first area to inspect would be the THERMOSTAT wire on the side of the HEATER HOUSING (remove the 2 top covers of the combo unit).

The THERMOSTAT on the side of the HEATER HOUSING is very close/near to the DETERGENT DISPENSER ASSY.

Oftentimes---after a rough spin cycle---the THERMOSTAT has bumped into the DISPENSER ASSY and the *red* wire came off of the THERMOSTAT.

Unplug the unit

Re-install the wire---check for tight-fit on the Thermostat

Grasp the THERMOSTAT and rotate it until the wire connections are nearly vertical (prevents wire from bumping into DISPENSER).

At the top of the THERMOSTAT---slightly bend the connector/wire *downward*---this prevents making contact/shorting against the steel top cover of the combo unit.

If still getting a "dHE" error...

Verify HEATING ELEMENT is "good" (continuity test with multimeter)

Verify THERMOSAT is closed/"good" (continuity test)

Don't even test the DUAL THERMISTORS---never had this fail---ever.

Press & Hold the WASH/RINSE & SPIN SPEED buttons

Then press the POWER button---release all 3 buttons.

The entire CONTROL PANEL lighting should be "on".

Wait 15 seconds for the door WAX MOTOR to *lock* (a lock symbol is displayed on the Control Panel)

Press the START button 9 times at one second intervals

This will send 115-120 volts to the HEATING ELEMENT from the MAIN BOARD for 3 seconds

If 115-120 volts is present for 3 seconds at the HEATING ELEMENT connections---MAIN BOARD is "good"

Press the START button 2 more times---this will energize the BLOWER FAN MOTOR for six minutes.

If the BLOWER FAN MOTOR does not run---remove the screws to the BLOWER and pull from housing. Inspect for lint obstruction/accumulation or seized BLOWER MOTOR.

Edited by john63

Thanks John, I finally got back to look at this machine today - my control panel didn't match up so I couldn't get it to go into diagnostics but I did check the thermostat and found it open, so I'll replace it and go from there. Thanks for the help, Sam