Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 11 May 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, May 11 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Miele G892 Dishwasher Service Manual

bmieles

Have a leaking Miele G892 dishwasher that I'd like to diagnose and see if it's worth fixing.  Had to unstick the pump impeller a few years back, but otherwise it's been a good machine.   But now it just ruined the hardwood floor in front of it--the oak cupped from the water underneath.  :-(

There was an old thread with the service manual(s) files 

G60_800.pdf

WD_TC_G858p.pdf

Can someone provide these?   

Thanks!!

Service manuals are only available with the professional appliantologist package.

However, if it's leaking onto the floor it's probably a cracked drain hose. 99% of visible leaks on the 800 series are drain hose problems.  Any other leaks would go into the drip tray and activate the flood switch.

Pull the machine from the cabinet and take a look at that hose.

Drain hose part number 22441283

About $43

Get it from Miele 800-999-1360

Bingo!  Cracked, intermittent drain hose.   I took off the covers and ran a cycle, and at first it didn't leak until i decided to move it around and check.    Sure enough.   

I also notice that slight sideways pressure on the solenoid that fits into the flat rectangular plastic water "distributor" (?) that takes up a good portion of the left hand (right hand if you are looking at the front door) will cause squirts of water to dribble out.   I reversed the position of the black ring gasket, but it didn't really help.   I suppose it's not a serious problem unless there is pressure from the soundproofing or cabinet on it (don't think there is), but it's a silly design, and the drip tray has a fair amount of salt/corrosion on it possibly from this source.   And I'm sure a new valve/gasket would be expensive.

Only $40, but I'm wondering if I shouldn't put the money into a new machine.   

Thanks so much for the help, really appreciate it!

Bob

7 hours ago, LI-NY Tech said:

Service manuals are only available with the professional appliantologist package.

However, if it's leaking onto the floor it's probably a cracked drain hose. 99% of visible leaks on the 800 series are drain hose problems.  Any other leaks would go into the drip tray and activate the flood switch.

Pull the machine from the cabinet and take a look at that hose.

Drain hose part number 22441283

About $43

Get it from Miele 800-999-1360

• Like 1