Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Whirlpool Washer LA9480XWN2 Help please!

elkheimer

OK, a little background ...

My old Whirlpool was shaking during the spin cycle, so I replaced the 3 little wear/bearing pads and the counterbalance spring.

But, when I put it all back together and my wife put clothes in it, the machine fills up with water and then nothing.  I've checked and jumpered out the lid switch - and the timer times out.  But the machine neither agitates or spins or drains.  Any ideas?  I must have done something stupid, but can't seem to figure it out!

Thanks much!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• elkheimer

• lvasquez11

• Hiroshi

Well, I wiggled the connector at the motor and away it went.  Is there a way to fix that connector or am i going to have to buy the harness?

You could try using a zip tie - add silicone on connector n let it dry 

Look closely at the plastic connector... if there is a burn/overheating mark developing, you should get a new terminal and hard-wire the neutral. 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys - I appreciate the help.  The old Whirlpool lives to see another day!