Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 14 September 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, September 14 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

samsung washing machine PE error

mmoore5553

I am not sure how to tell this but i push the power button and then it starts to spin a tad. I usually notice that it will spin the middle but it does not do that and goes to PE error. I went into test mode and try to run a cyle and PE error right away. the service manual says it is a clutch error. I did not know if i just order this http://www.appliancepartspros.com/samsung-assy-dd-bldc-dc93-00309a-ap5621714.html

or if i need to order

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Rotor-Position-Sensor/DC3100098A/2068316?TLSID=1873

I would love to know what to check before ordering. I have an multimeter and not afraid to read voltages. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mmoore5553

• applianceman97

• sh2sh2

I really wish there was a payment which we could do on the site and talk to a tech ..kind of like live help for 20 or 30 dollars.

What's the model number of the washing machine?

Clutch Motor Error

PE

Check the clutch motor windings and connec- tor.

Clutch motor error. Occurs when the clutch motor position is not detected. The MICOM will attempt 3 times to determine the motor position. After the 3rd attempt the error will appear.
Clutch motor error. Occurs when the clutch motor position is not detected.

Clutch assem- bly hall sensor error

PE1

Check the clutch hall sensor and wiring.

Clutch assembly hall sensor error. The drum will shake to try to determine if the clutch is in the right position. After 15 attempts if the hall sensor is not communicating with the MICOM the error will occur.

Both parts you listed are not what you need. I need the revision number thats on the model tag.

any updates ?

I ordered this and got it in but there is another piece as it looks different. it is on by rubber but i do not want to break it and put it on the other one. Any ideas ?

i used the old rotor and still the same issue. It barely spins. It starts and stuck. Then the PE error. I am not sure what else to replace. i did check ohms and it read the same reading as the old part. So where do i go next ? Any help appreciated.

Sorry here is the link on what i ordered

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Rotor-And-Stator-Kit/2025718

the bad part is the rotor would not fit ..I guess i had to order another part ? The other one had a rubber attachment with plastic. So i had to put the old rotor on. So that might still having issues but not sure how to take the center part off.

The clutch motor is not the stator and rotor.  It is the shifting mechanism, check the wires running to it for broken wires

can you show me what I am needing to buy or look at ? I have looked at all wires and they are in very good condition.

I have uploaded a video here. I turn on the cycle and this is what it does. I did take off some parts to have a clearer picture of what is going on.

https://youtu.be/Hz2JolxkDGI

I found the issue. It was Lever Clutch. It was broken from the base. It had the screw and everything but was broke. I had to take everything apart and see it with a flashlight .

Assy Lever Clutch;rainno