Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 28 September 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, September 28 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

LG WM2250CW Problem - Help needed

yak-55

I have an LG WM2250CW washer that has worked well for several years.  Recently it is not rinsing all of the liquid detergent from the detergent dispenser during the wash cycle.  The remaining (20% or so) gets rinsed into the machine on the rinse cycle.  As a result, the clothes don't rinse fully.

If it matters, in response to a dE code, I recently replace the door lock mechanism (which seems to be working fine now).

Also the service manual I have (copyright 2007) refers to button combinations to display water level (frequency) and temperature.  The instructions refer to a Wash/Rinse button which doesn't exist on the machine.  I've tried many (random) combinations but can't get anything to display.  Any ideas ?

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yak-55

• applianceman97

Check to make sure you have adequate water pressure on the hot and cold setting. Clean debris from water inlet filters. 

Try holding spin speed and soil level while pressing power to access service mode. 

Thanks.  The inlets screens are clear and water pressures good.   I have run through the diagnostics with no faults reported (since the successful door repair).

There is a VERY sticky residue from the detergent (or the plastic itself is deteriorating) in the detergent dispenser dish.  Although messy, it doesn't appear to impede flow into or out of the dish.  I have ordered a replacement (cleaning was not effective) ... We'll see if that helps (I'm doubtful).   FWIW we exclusively use Tide HE detergent in the machine.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems the detergent dispensing problem was a finicky cold water inlet valve.  Replaced that and now (all) the detergent gets into the proper cycle.

Also replaced the detergent dispenser (cup) since it was cheap.  Will try cleaning the residue from the old one.