Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Hot topics and under the radar information

howdryiam

Appliantology.org provides a lot of value to me as a pro. I like to scan the appliance repair forums for interesting problems and good info. And I wonder if anyone else has had this thought: Could there be another forum dedicated to techs and administrators sharing/aggregating hot topics, new service bulletins and high quality 'under the radar' tech info that we bump Into? I'm sure I'm not alone with the feeling that I'd love to share some info that might help another member. One example  from the last two weeks:

Jennair double wall oven JJW3830WS02 had intermittent low speed cooling fan errors. Troubleshooting failed to find fault in any of the salient components. Based on tech-lines guidance  I replaced relays, cooling fans and wire harness. Yet, the error still appeared. On the FOURTH visit to unit and the THIRD call to Jennair tech-line I was lucky enough to talk to a tech who had heard from engineering that faulty programming on the User Interface found to be creating operational errors like this. Good to know. 

This information had not risen to the level of a bulletin and most of the tech-line pros I talked to weren't aware of this. See where I am going? I'd love to have a place pick up this kind of information from other techs. It goes without saying that if this kind of thing already exists on the site, then I deserve a big dope-slap. Let me know what I'm missing.

Howdryiam

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• howdryiam

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic