Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 08 June 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      We've got a treat for you this time: special guest presenter Aaron Wilson is returning for another round of business talk! This time, we'll be talking about...
      The Art of the Win: Communicating with and Serving the Customer while Making a Profit
      This time, it's gonna be all about the customer. How do you identify what kind of customer you're dealing with? How does the type of customer inform how you're going to communicate with them about things like the price of the repair, or complications, or their options for moving forward? What do you do when conflict arises, and how do you redirect that conflict into a solution that is good for both you and the customer?
      All these questions will be addressed as Aaron takes us through the DISC model for identifying and understanding different kinds of customers and their varying behaviors, inclinations, and responses. That understanding is key to navigating tricky situations and finding a path to complete satisfaction for the customer, and profit for you.
      We'll be going through a few graphics about the DISC model, so feel free to download them beforehand, take a look, and have some questions ready.
      A little about our guest, Aaron Wilson:
      Aaron has been in the appliance repair trade for almost 14 years, starting out by doing installations before moving on to bigger and better things. He worked for C&W Services as a Sub-Zero authorized servicer for a time and thereafter joined Mr. Appliance of Highland Park in the Dallas area, where he is currently the lead technician and field service manager. In addition, he has taught many classes on refrigeration repair and advanced diagnostics, during which time he also developed training material for the soft skills side of things, which he is delighted to share with you. He's also a certified graduate of the Master Samurai Tech Academy, so he knows his stuff!
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, June 8 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE JT915SOK5SS GE Oven not heating up

CinBrandon

I have a GE JT915SOK5SS oven

On bake it will only get in the range of about 250 degrees. IN convection, it will not get above 100.

On Broil, it seems to work fine. I'm guessing it's the bottom element, but had the thought that it could be a sensor as well. Thought I'd post here before digging into it later today.

(FWIW: I'd rate my skill level as high DIY. I've replaced parts on fridge, several on under cabinet ice maker, etc. and many electronics repairs. Oven is a first)

thanks in advance.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CinBrandon

• johntech

• appliances R en

• Daniel Rufledt

More info I just got clarified:

Wife was using it in Convection mode this past weekend, and sparks came from back of unit. I took cover off to convection element and I see an area that looks like a bad welding job, and clearly some residue from sparks, etc on the underside of the convection cover. See photo. Pretty sure convection element is bad.

But not sure that explains the bake mode not heating up completely, unless that mode uses both elements.

Convection Element Photo

Thank you for your insight.

It's obvious the convection element is bad.
Is there a way to test the baking element (810)? meter, ohms, etc?
thanks

Also, part number on unit shows WB44T10054. You can see part number in photo. but 10053 comes up on APP with model number... so wondering the difference in the two.

You said broil seems to work fine. You can switch the wires at the board and connect the bake element to the broil terminals and set it to broil and wait for it to start glowing. When I pop thoes 2 numbers into repair clinic it looks like WB44T10053 is larger. Pictures can be deceiving. May also have different wattage. This is the one I'm pulling up on multiple sites for that model.Part number: WB44T10053

Part number: WB44T10053

I purchased WB44T10053 and installed it today. Convection works perfect. Did a complete cool down and bake works as well.

Thanks for the help!

• 3 years later...

Have one of these ovens that heats up to 300 in about an hour. Bake element gets warm after 5 min or so but slowly gets warmer and warmer. Voltage to element is 0 when testing it as it gets warmer and warmer. I can feel a vibration in element as it heats up. Broiler heats up same way.  Almost acts like power to oven is coming in through a 20 gage wire. Any thoughts before I attempt to remove oven from cabinet. Thanks.