Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 28 September 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, September 28 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE Model No GFSL6KEXCLS Refrigerator Forced Defrost

Princeinflorida

Princeinflorida

I am trying to find the forced defrost procedure for my GE Model No GFSL6KEXCLS refrigerator using the digital display at the top of the door frame when the doors are open.  I have found procedures for other models but they don't work for mine.

As best as I can tell this is a GE badged Samsung reefer.  It has the characteristic fan/evaporator icing problem.  Rather than removing the evaporator/fan cover and then applying a hair dryer, I'm looking to force a defrost and save some work.

This model has no door dispenser and has a one line display bar.  Display/Control Panel GE Model No GFSL6KEXCLS

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Princeinflorida

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Princeinflorida
11 minutes ago, Princeinflorida said:

I am trying to find the forced defrost procedure for my GE Model No GFSL6KEXCLS refrigerator using the digital display at the top of the door frame when the doors are open.  I have found procedures for other models but they don't work for mine.

This is a French Door reefer with a bottom freezer drawer.

As best as I can tell this is a GE badged Samsung reefer.  It has the characteristic fan/evaporator icing problem.  Rather than removing the evaporator/fan cover and then applying a hair dryer, I'm looking to force a defrost and save some work.

This model has no door dispenser and has a one line display bar.  Display/Control Panel GE Model No GFSL6KEXCLS

Regarding GE badging on Samsung Reefers copied and pasted from another forum:  

"GE has several models of French door refrigerators that are re-branded Samsung's (made by Samsung for GE). As far as I know, it's just models PFSS6N and PFSF6N french door refrigerators."

Princeinflorida

Should I not be able to find the above-requested procedure, I'm wondering if it would be OK to hard wire an external power line directly to the defrost coil in the evaporator chamber.  Then unplug the reefer and plug in the external power line to the defroster coil.  I would then leave the external line and plug in place to be used in the future when the ticking fan blades indicate ice build-up.  Unplug the reefer and plug in the external line as needed.

My concern is potential damage to the control board.