Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 28 September 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, September 28 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE Electric Dryer Model DCVH 640 EJ0WW

ancel1961

HI, I have a GE electric dryer, model number DCVH 640 EJ0WW which isn't heating on Timed Dry or Auto Dry cycles.

The heating element, thermostats, thermistors, connections, and wiring all test good.

In test modes t07 and t08 the dryer Does Produce Heat and displays inlet / outlet thermistor temps.

There are no Error Codes being displayed...E00, but when I try to operate the dryer in Timed or Auto Dry, it won't get hot.

Any help you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ancel1961

• darren412

• Quick

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Quick, 

When I put into test mode t07 and the dryer heated up, I thought that verified the heating element and related heating parts were  receiving proper voltage.

Thanks

I believe you have a dual heating element in that dryer.  GE dryers if one half of the heating element goes , the timer will not advance.   Check the element and make sure both halfs of the element are good . You may have a break on one side .  So when you tested the element you would still feel heat coming from the good side of the element if this is the case.

If all that checks good . Go to the back of the terminal block on the back of the dryer and make sure your getting  220-240 volts. It will run but wont heat on 110 volts. If you checked the element and all those other components as you have said Then you will most likely be looking at a bad motor or control board. Test voltage going to the two thick wires at the motor. ( these are your heater power wires) When the dryer is running you should have o volts between these two wires. If you read 220-240 volts , you will need a new motor. If you read 0 volts you need a new control board.

Hi Darren,

I've checked  for continuity on both the inner and outer elements... Both passed.

When I put the dryer into Test Mode t07 and t08, [ which activates the inner element only ] the dryer heats up and displays temperature readings.

I'm not sure, but I thought if there was a problem with the motor's heater wires not receiving 240 volts, the dryer would not produce heat in Test Mode t07.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Thanks