Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 12 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 12 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Thermador Range gas burner won't light

swedespeed

Nathaniel - Thanks for the help - t will try your suggestions and post back tomorrow - btw, this is a rangetop only - no oven - does that change anything?

11 minutes ago, BC20 said:

Nathaniel - Thanks for the help - t will try your suggestions and post back tomorrow - btw, this is a rangetop only - no oven - does that change anything?

Probably, haven't taken apart one of their cooktops. Might have to uninstall it.

• 4 months later...
Canadaovenfixer

Working on a Thermadore Professional PRG304US gas range/oven.  It's an older model.  There are 2 simmer burners +2 standard burners.  The front simmer burner was on and made a very loud "popping," sound before shutting down completely.  Following the "pop," both the front and rear XLO/simmer burns quit functioning (no power light on, no spark, no gas).  The other 2 burners and the oven are functioning normally.  Have replaced both potentiometers with new replacement parts as well as the ignition device.  Both burners are still not functioning.  No electrical or gas.  What would cause this?  Faulty gas value?  Thanks in advance for your input.

• 3 months later...

I am still struggling with getting my Simmer (X-LO) burners working.  Finally was able to get some help to get to the potentiometers behind the on-off valves.  It's a complete PITA,  Switched off the power and turned off the gas valve before starting it. Then I had to uninstall the rangetop and take it out of the countertop and remove all the burners, venturis, cover plates, side trim pieces and then only was able to get to the side screws to remove the front stainless panel with the bullnose top.  Should have taken pictures but since its still not fixed i may have to take it apart again and will take and post pictures that time.  Changed the Simmer Controller and 1 Pot and it worked for a couple of minutes and then stopped working again - no spark, no gas, only a blue light.  I have the original wiring diagram (it was attached to the back of the unit when I removed it from the countertop and tracing the wiring still leads to either a Pot or a Simmer Controller issue since the valve won't turn on until the simmer controller senses that the spark module is functioning correctly.