Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 28 September 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, September 28 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Maytag top loader MVWC565FW1 lid lock won't reset

Beanpicker

I have looked everywhere online trying to find an answer.  A search on the forum turns up nothing - so maybe this question is a first. 

I have stayed away from the HE washers for a long time now - but the used washer selection in my area is slim pickings anymore - so I just purchased a washer from Lowes that was a return, but checked out OK from the factory. (so the tag said).  Ran the first load - seemed to come out OK.  Curiosity got the best of me, and I wanted to see just how much water was being put in on a normal load.  I let it fill (I did hold the mechanism in manually so I could watch the water level.)  Well, the water was definitely not satisfactory - the clothes was not all submerged - so I canceled the cycle so I could just use the deep fill option.  The water drained out - while I was still holding the door lock in manually.  The problem is the door lock is still engaged.  I have tried unlugging the washer - in fact its been unplugged for the last two hours.  I can't get the washer to power on for another cycle.  Any ideas?  I am thinking that there should be some way to reset the door lock - and maybe this will allow another cycle to be started.  Also  - maybe this is why I can't get  washer to start? 

Thank you in advance for your time with this.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• certified tech group 51

• Lighthouse

• Beanpicker

Appears that you might have damaged the lid switch. You could have let it fill then paused it to "add garment" to see how much water was in it. If you are one of those people that are so worried about the washer being full then instead of bargain hunting you should have bout a machine that fills up all the way.

new style of lid lock..Old lock had 4 wires, this one has three.....The old style lid lock catch had a magnet in it.....The new lid lock's catch does not, the new catch has two prongs on it, one to tell the main control the lid is down, the other is to lock..These are cheap,  fragile parts.....did I say cheap??? Check out the price.......they break if you look at them cross-eyed.....The new lock does not even install with screws anymore.....Never tried to take one apart to realign the solenoid  The old style , with care, be taken apart and slide  the solenoid to  the correct position.....Standard truck stock part.....P/N   W10838613...