Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Download speed

mgen100

I'm downloading a 36mb file  an LG fridge manual and the speed is way to slow like an hour it looks like for a 36mb file not acceptable

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mgen100

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

• Son of Samurai

• Bintiwangu

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Samurai

@mgen100 - are you still having download speed problems? 

It downloaded now thanks, the file is LG LMXS30776S Refrigerator Service Manual 1.0.0

Sorry but i did not have this Manual and i was in the middle of a job i needed it then, so getting it was frustrating to say the least but i did end up getting it but took a long time, i usually do not find myself in these situations but today was one of them.

• Team Samurai

Glad to hear. Just so you know, we ran some tests on the server and found no problems or anything unusual. The server operation is also monitored every minute (yes, every single minute, around the clock, using an automated monitoring service that we subscribe to) and we  never got a fault notice.

Next time it happens, try downloading a large file from another website. If that download is slow, too, then there’s a problem with your internet connection. 

In this case, sounds like you would have been connecting via the cellular network, which have frequent, short periods of data slowdown. 

Yes i did do some other checks thinking it was on my end but they were fine on my end so that's why i asked for help, i closed out the website and start over downloading it and it just would not download then it just stopped and then kept trying then it finally downloaded, if i download it now it works super fast now thanks, usually i never have problems with the site but like i said today was one of them Thanks Samurai you are the best!!  

• Team Samurai

Weird. But thanks for letting us know. We’ll check the server logs and see if there was anything unusual logged. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/13/2018 at 9:18 PM, Samurai Appliance Repair Man said:

Next time it happens, try downloading a large file from another website. If that download is slow, too, then there’s a problem with your internet connection

Having two files Defying download at the same time-  now  THAT'LL make you feel better! Seriously I feel your pain.

I live in rural area and have a signal booster and sometimes still struggle.

Watching a 90-minute webinar that takes  4 or 5 hours is really frustrating.