Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Removing an agitator

Jack

Hey guys, I’m trying to remove an  agitator. There isn’t a top bolt. I have a Kenmore  portable washer. There is a little screw on the side. I removed that but it will not come out. 

You have to supply a model number so the techs know what they are looking at ok ?

Remove bolt on side of agitator 12- 3/4 of the way down it.

pull up

For anyone interested this is a portable  washer  based on the VMW platform, but modified somewhat.

13 hours ago, LearningTech said:

For anyone interested this is a portable  washer  based on the VMW platform, but modified somewhat.

Actually @LearningTech I'm pretty sure the VMW platform was based on this older design which if I remember correctly was called something like the World Washer Platform.

@Jack Once you get the agitator out, good luck getting the spin basket hub loose to even think about changing the main seal.  The last one of these I had which also had a very badly leaking main seal, I couldn't get it apart and finally just dumped it.

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 6:59 AM, Budget Appliance Repair said:

World Washer Platform.

Good to know.   Thats why  im  Learing Tech, alwasy more to know

On 7/14/2018 at 6:59 AM, Budget Appliance Repair said:

even think about changing the main seal.

+1.  Everytime a DIYer wants parts to do  seal/bearing jobs, i. Alwasy suggest you see if you cen even get it appart before buying parts etc.  

had one  friday (vmw) tried everything for about anhour and a half, and could not remove the old tranny.( and i did not follow my own advice i had ordered parts and waited for them to arrive!)