Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE gas dryer belt replacement

plott hound

plott hound

so I need to do a little work to my ge model# PVXR333GT8WW.it has a couple of issues but nothing to serious.my question is how in the heck does a guy get his arms into the cabinet to re-route the belt?

I tried getting the old belt out and ended up donating some blood and skin.ended up just cutting it off because it was so worn out.

thank

Go to YouTube and see if you can find the video that fits your needs.   

first thing you need to do is resend the correct model #.    I do not believe you sent the correct model #  and serial #

GE Cabinets are made of razors. I always wear Kevlar sleeves when servicing. 

Sometimes its it’s safer to call a professional. 

• Like 1

plott hound

thanks guys,i got the new belt,front and rear bearings and the idler pulley replaced.was actually pretty easy after watching the video.laid on the floor with my trusty flash light and had it all back together in an hour.

cheers and thanks again.