Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Fdl error kenmore he3t mod 110.44936203

Cjmra

Hi I have a kenmore front loader. It has error fdl.  In the tech sheets it says that’s a bad door lock or ccu. I checked both door lock relays on the board and they looked good. Also checked for corrosion on connections and didn’t see any. Connections are also snug.  I have continuity in the wires from the lock to the ccu so I replaced the lock.  Upon doing that the washer locks on the first try at start up but then continues to try to lock and just buzzes. It does this a few times before throwing the fdl error. So I went a step further and replaced the ccu.  Same problem.  

Model number is 110.44936203.  Any suggestions?  

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darren412

• GarrisonR2

• Vance R

• Cjmra

Top Posters In This Topic

make sure the door strike is not broken and the door is not out of alignment, the door strike and door may possibly be out of alignment with your lock.    since you have already changed the door lock and the control board , and  the door strike is good  and the door alignment is good,   I suggest you try  replacing the door lock with another one. You may just have a bad lock even though its a new one. Swap it out for another one at no cost to you. I would try another door lock before proceeding any further and post back here with your results. Consider  having someone look at the washer that has experience with repairs on the machine.  You will have to do some live voltage checks if the swapping out for a new lock does not work for you.  I would not continue to keep changing parts at an un necessary cost. It sounds as if your just changing parts to see if that will fix it.

Wiggle or tap connector for door lock at main board. If problem goes away probably loose connection printed circuit board.

On 4/26/2019 at 7:20 PM, darren412 said:

make sure the door strike is not broken and the door is not out of alignment, the door strike and door may possibly be out of alignment with your lock.    since you have already changed the door lock and the control board , and  the door strike is good  and the door alignment is good,   I suggest you try  replacing the door lock with another one. You may just have a bad lock even though its a new one. Swap it out for another one at no cost to you. I would try another door lock before proceeding any further and post back here with your results. Consider  having someone look at the washer that has experience with repairs on the machine.  You will have to do some live voltage checks if the swapping out for a new lock does not work for you.  I would not continue to keep changing parts at an un necessary cost. It sounds as if your just changing parts to see if that will fix it.

Could this problem actually be caused by something other than the lock or ccu? Assuming the strike is ok and the door swings and closes properly and all connections are good and tight?  I’ve run into this several times and the lock usually solves the problem.  

Edited by GarrisonR2
Typo