Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 30 March 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, March 30 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Luxaire, Inc Model ECC030FNC - blowing, not cooling

mikron2dlmj

mikron2dlmj

Hi all,

My central A/C (mounted on the ground, not on the roof, if that helps?) is blowing cold air, but is not cooling the house.  It more or less slows down the rate at which the house heats up ;)

I have no idea how old this cooler is or when it was last serviced, if ever.  I just replaced the filter pad, and the heater in the basement is about two years old, so the blower is working fine.

My guess is that it needs to be recharged - is this something I can buy or rent the necessary recharging equipment and do myself?  If not, can anyone recommend a good serviceman / woman in the Aurora / Denver, CO area?  Or, should I just suck it up and get a new A/C unit?

Thanks,

Mike

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude you live in colorado?

open the windows!

OK the first thang I would do is clean the coils take yer water hose and spray it out good and the very gingerly clean the inside A-coil out as well .

mikron2dlmj

Open the windows?  Tell that to my very pregnant wife!!  I agree, there's no comparison (weather-wise) to the South in the summertime, though, and I do open the windows and turn on the attic fan at night.

Okay, so I'm a complete moron when it comes to A/C - how do I do this?

Guest ahammer48

Howdy neighbor

Yes. I recommend myself if Ur willing to fly me up;)

I have to ask. Is this a refrigerated air unit or is it a swamp cooler and do U know the difference?

Refrigerated air >> u should C 2 refrigerant lines attach to the unit outside. No duct work.

Evap cooler>> you'll C one small water line attach to the outside unit. They'll also be ductwork coming off the unit and going into the house.

Oppps, didn't read Header close enough. Don't believe Luxaire makes evap coolers.

Ok. Go to the outside unit. Do U C any frost on the compressor or either of the copper refrigerant lines attached to it when its running. U shouldn't C any frost or ice build up. With the unit running the small copper line (liquid) will be warm to very warm. Shouldn't be hot or cold. The larger line(suction, it should be insulated) should be cold and even have some condensation on it where theres no insulation. No frost.

Archived