Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 11 May 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers.
      As part of this workshop, we'll talk through a couple of case studies troubleshooting computer-controlled appliances. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, May 11 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Is it okay to replace some parts of my electrical appliances?

CSMS

I have issues with my appliances and I am not sure if I have to replace the parts or not.  A digital marketing expert but not really an electrical savvy here :( 

(*bullhorn clicks on) SIR (I assume)! PUT DOWN THE SCREWDRIVER AND BACK AWAY FROM THE MICROWAVE! Seriously, you have to give us a little bit more than that. Some parts are more user serviceable than others and it's highly contingent on what appliance you're talking about and what symptoms you are seeing in said appliance. As a DIY repair, microwaves should be off limits. The voltages it produces can be lethal. Otherwise, please elaborate on your appliance conundrum. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, CSMS said:

I have issues with my appliances and I am not sure if I have to replace the parts or not.  A digital marketing expert but not really an electrical savvy here :(

Unless you're ready to see if your life insurance really works, I'd suggest staying out of your microwave. 

Even when it's unplugged, it's still dangerous.

• Like 1

To be fair @CSMS... I'm only using the microwave as an example of an appliance, specifically one that should not be mucked with if there isn't a deep understanding of how it works and the precautions necessary to service it safely. You were vague and did not specify which of your appliances was having issues. The OP implied that there may be more than one appliance in play here, as well.

speaking of microwaves .  I remember going into an appliance parts store 5 min from my home base and I dont go there anymore .  I will go a half an hour out of my way now to a different appliance parts store.  long story short an older guy walks in and tells the guy behind the counter his microwave is dead and has no power.  Then the guy gives him a fuse for the microwave and tells him to open it up and put this new fuse in.  After the guy left I said to the parts guy behind the counter , Are you ok wih that !  I proceded to tell him that there is a good chance that guy would get killed from that microwave it it doesn't automatically bleed out telling an old man to change that fuse in the microwave and that will definately fix his no power issue.  So many people are so uneducated about microwaves.  

• Like 3