Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 14 September 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, September 14 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Frigidaire French Door Style Problem

Pfalby

During a power outage my Frigidaire fridge broke.  Something is still running but it's not cooling.  The control panel gave me an error code of SY CE.  I figured it was the main mother board so I ordered one and replaced it.  When I plugged the fridge back in the fan still ran as before but that's it.  To add to it, with the new mother board, the display board didn't work anymore either.  No codes, nothing.  Thinking I got unlucky I set back the new board for a replacement but after replacing it again, it still didn't work.  Any thoughts?

Best guess without model number is System Communication Error. Usually means the display board and main board are not "talking" to each other.

Opps, I put the model in as a tag. The model is FFHN2750TD0. Is there a fix for this.  Change the wire harness too maybe?  Why would the original board give me error codes but the new one gives me nothing.  Thanks 

Opps on my part as well, didn't notice the tag. SY CE is " UI to main board communication error: after a period of operation".  Ui connector J2 to main board connector J9 with a connector at door hinge. Connector J9 pin1 is dc grd, pin4 is 12vdc, other wire is communication wire. Check for 12 vdc at main board and at UI J2. If that's good you need to ohm out wires, start when the Ui to hinge area, then hinge area to main board. 

16 minutes ago, Pfalby said:

Why would the original board give me error codes but the new one gives me nothing

Only thought is to double check part number of old board to new board.

The wires running from main board to UI are all .07 ohms.  Seems right to me.  I also checked the j2 voltage and that seemed fine as well.  I didn't chase j2 past the main board though.  I will say that during my fudging around on the board power was connected to the UI board  but it is still giving me the SY CF Code (not CE).  Does that change in code give me something new to try?  

Not sure if this is the one but I think I remember something about the UI and Main Control Board needing to be replaced together on these for that error sometimes as the new Main Control isn't compatible with the old UI for some reason.

I've never ran into this so it's not from personal experience but think I remember this be discussed between members in the members only tech forum.

Remember the 10 step tango.  If it is the board, I don't know if you do have to replace both boards at the same time.  If you have the original board I would go back to the original  then,  go back to the basic problem statement. . Somethings running but not cool. Pick a load of interest. No cool ?  I would start at the compressor. Identify what kind of compressor (hope it is not a LG  linear - high failure rate),  Is it running ?,  are you getting a signal to the compressor to run ?, are you getting any heat from the condenser?. Also remember OHMS lie check the voltages to the compressor. can you isolate the compressor and start it?   If it is not the problem , Find a new load of interest,   Work the problem .  I'm sorry , I not trying to sound mean but, "I figured" sounds like you gave up and was hoping it was the problem . 

3 hours ago, Budget Appliance Repair said:

Not sure if this is the one but I think I remember something about the UI and Main Control Board needing to be replaced together on these for that error sometimes as the new Main Control isn't compatible with the old UI for some reason.

I remember that too, even though I checked the electrolux site and couldn't find anything about it, I'm almost certain that there's a firmware version difference for the new board and it doesn't know how to talk to the old UI board.

It certainly would be nice if the boards had better error codes like "firmware version mismatch between UI and main board"

Edited by Terry Carmen
  • Like 1