Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 25 May 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers.
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, May 25 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Miele Dishwasher G6880 SCVi Intake Fault/Error during Rinse

sesto

Model Name: Miele Dishwasher Futura Lumen 
Model Number: G 6880 SCVi
Type: HG05

8KHrwZfs_t.jpg GwuJge2B_t.jpg erOs8Wf2_t.jpg rTwS1IPC_t.jpg G9vjjc6H_t.jpg

Description of Issue

Summary: Rinse & Hold cycle works ok! Normal cycle will successfully complete the Pre-Wash > Main Wash, but “Intake” fault occurs during the Rinse sequence.

• Start Normal cycle (User manual tells me that it goes through these sequence: Pre-Wash > Main Wash > Interim Rinse > Final Rinse > Drying)
  • Water supply ok, swirling sound is heard
  • Drain occurs
  • Pre-Wash > Main Wash sequence works fine
  • Intake” fault occurs during Rinse 
    • Miele App told me fault has occurred in the middle of the Rinse sequence. “Intake” is shown on the display screen on the dishwasher. There is no fault code. 
    • Roughly when there is 50min time left on a Normal cycle
    • Supposed to finish at 6:36pm, fault happens at 5:45pm
    • Unclear whether fault happened before Final Rinse or during Final Rinse
  • I tried multiple other cycles e.g. Normal with Extra Dry, Intensive Lower; Pots & Pans; all has the same Intake error during Rinse.
  • Rinse & Hold cycle works perfectly fine.

Diagnostic Steps

• Water pressure is good. Well beyond 50 psi.
  • Cleaned filter at bottom of dishwasher; no debris
  • Cleaned non-return / one-way valve; made sure ball works freely; no debris
  • Cleaned impeller; made sure it spins without obstruction; no debris
  • Cleaned the solenoid inlet valve filter (green color) by detaching the metal braided hose; no debris; 
    • In the newer series G6xxx, the solenoid inlet valve is inside the dishwasher at the bottom
  • My thoughts:
    • Appears that since water intake happens before and is fine for Rinse & Hold cycle, I think the solenoid inlet valve should be fine? 
    • Could this be because the Flow Meter B3/4 is not registering enough pulses? Could it be that the flow meter is faulty? 

Questions

• What could be the problem? What else should I try?
  • Does anyone has the Miele G6880 Service Manual/Technical Information? I can only freely access and find the technical info for G4xxx dishwasher (not the current generation dishwasher).
  • How can I see more in-depth fault codes on my dishwasher? Right now my dishwasher only shows me "Intake" fault, but I am guessing it could be F12, F13, F14, or F15? (this guess is based on older Miele dishwasher service manual)

Thank you so much! Any help at all is most appreciated. 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sesto

• Oscar Guevara

• enzo

• nicholsonjf

After more debugging, I have additional findings:

• It appears that "intake" fault occurs at the start of the Rinse sequence, right after Main Wash
  • I opened the left panel and monitor the water flow where the FlowMeter is at, I do not see any water coming in during Rinse, should I?
  • Somehow a Normal cycle successfully completed once, unsure why, but it happens again the next cycle. I conclude that 90% of the time "Intake" error will occur, sometimes cycles are fine

Pretty lost as to what is going on. Any help at all is greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still having issues. I took out the circulation pump and cleaned it, but it still shows the fault. Right now, it is a 50% chance of the Intake error occurring. The behavior still remains unchanged: Intake fault during Rinse. It always successfully starts a cycle for 1-2h, and Intake error towards end of the cycle.

Hoping to get some ideas/help. Thanks a lot!

• 6 months later...

Hi Unsui,

I'm having the same issue with my g6875scvi Futura Lumen. Did you ever find a solution? I'm considering replacing the inlet valve as described here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LaqSO-Oyuw

Thanks,

James

• 6 months later...
intakeerror

Sesto, were you able to solve the issue?  I'm having the same problem.  I've had the same issue twice with this meile G 6880, first time it happened ended up having the unit replaced, now its happening again to the new unit in a little more than a year.  

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is an old topic but the fix for mine was to replace the water inlet reed switch, which is located in the big clear plastic manifold/softener on the left side.  For whatever reason it was intermittently not registering pulses, which happen when the spinning magnet inside the plastic manifold spins past the reed switch.  Replaced with one off another machine (most machines have the same) and works flawlessly.

effectively the machine thought no water was coming in, even though it was.  I assume this is the same thing for you guys--there is new water in the machine when it says "Inlet"?

• 2 months later...
spartacusmcfly

I'm having a similar issue on a Futura Dimensions G5675 scvi.

Issue:

1. Water Intake error (no code)

2. Machnie runs the pre-wash smoothly (about 15-20 minutes)

3. Water is entering unit, pump is circulating, water is spraying in every corner of unit if I open mid-cycle

4. After pre-wash, it drains water and tries to begin the main wash cycle.

5. At this point, it beeps, and displays a water intake error 

What I have tried so far:

1. Replaced the entire intake valve

2. Replaced the entire intake braided hose from under the sink (in case it was blocked)

3. Thoroughly cleaned the sump area and the mini-impeller behind the removable casing.

4. I'm assuming the main pump impeller isn't blocked as it successfully completes the pre-wash

Other ideas I'm considering:

1. Changing the water inlet reed switch connected to the salt tank (as described in the post above)

2. Replacing the run capacitor (available from Miele for $35)

3. Unfortunately, Miele lists the reed switch in the parts diagram but doesn't sell it online.  

4. Thoughts on how I can get the reed switch? (Miele part #6185800)

Other ideas?

• 10 months later...
damjtoh

Hey guys how are you doing? I'm in the same boat with a Miele G6820, it runs for about an hour and suddenly the Intake error shows up. Did anyone manage to solve it?

Thanks