Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade. Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology.

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.

Kitchenaid KFIS29PBMS01 Freezer not cold enough.

max999

Hi, I have  dual evap kitchenaid fridge(KFIS29PBMS01) with freezer that is warm then normal @15F instead of 0F . The fridge is working just fine, its always between 34-38F. I did measure both thermistors RC/FC once disconnected from P5 I get 7.2K/13.5K the actual temp is 37/18F at the time I measured, I then compared it to the W10316760 Thermistor chart and for
37/18F it should be 7.7K/13.4K , the fridge temp is off but the freezer thermistor is in range. I than ran all them thermistor via the service DIAG. and it returned a value of "01" = pass for both. RC/FC Evaps fans are fine too, I can hear them running when they are turned on via service DIAG. when FC is in defrost the temp shoot up to 28F , it hot here today(84F), I will get a pic of the FC evap coil when is has frost on it, I think it is normal. but I might be wrong. it maybe the 3 way valve not allowing enough freon to freezer. is it possible.

thanks a million, 

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• max999

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic