Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

• Upcoming Events

No upcoming events found

Search not working right for 970-6*

igloo

Just want to point out to @Son of Samurai that I've been getting this problem for a long while when searching for Kenmore numbers. I type in 970-6872* and get nothing, so I shorten it by one number until I get to 970-6* and it still shows nothing. I try all these without  the "-" too. Then I type in 970- and get 6 pages of posts with 970 Kenmore numbers; even 970-6XXX. After scrolling to the bottom to click next page, it shows nothing again. Wondering if this can be fixed.

• Team Samurai

There’s actually a trick for this: you use two wildcards, with one replacing the entire Kenmore prefix. So for your example, it would look like this: *6872*

Try that out to see how it works.

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 3/19/2022 at 5:00 PM, Son of Samurai said:

There’s actually a trick for this: you use two wildcards, with one replacing the entire Kenmore prefix. So for your example, it would look like this: *6872*

Try that out to see how it works.

Thank you, came here to ask the proper format for searching Kenmore and thought I'd check if someone else already did first.  

• Like 2