Click here to check out this guide.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 12 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 12 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Samsung refrigerator water leak RF18HFENBSR/US

jjrudyjr

An elderly couple I know had this refrigerator since new and replaced it due to a water leak under the crisper drawers. It has a build date of April 2017 and looks like new. They had it serviced for this issue when it was a couple of years old and reappeared shortly after. I would like to fix this if possible for my daughter. I purchased the DA82-014151A water leak kit and installed the heater drain clip and the new drain tubes. I also moved the thermister from the left line to the right just below the capilary tube as shown in the instructions. The foam insulation that came with the kit I didnt install because there was already insulation on the back side of the plate drain. i reinstalled the cover and ran the unit for 24 hours and noticed a slight leak. I removed the evaporator cover and noticed the front edge of the plate drain was pushed up with water going underneath it. Is there some trick to putting this all together? I assume the outer metal cover need to fit inside the other cover at the bottom to keep the water contained and headed to the drain. I have watched a ton of YouTube videos about adding supplemental heaters etc. This unit does not seem to be icing up but I have not run it for an extended period. Im open to any suggestions.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jjrudyjr

• Econo Appliance

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

First check that the drain is clear. Can you pour water down it and it drains?  If you got a leak within 24 hours then I assume either the drain is clogged or water isn't making it into the drain trough & drain tube.  

You can skip the stuff about extra heaters, those icing issues take weeks to months before you notice a problem. Definitely not 24 hours so none of that stuff applies to you.

Edited by Econo Appliance