Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 26 October 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in the conversation for all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This event is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      Also, follow the Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, October 26 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

GE Monogram gas cooktop burner tube fabrication

Veem

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and trying to locate someone that has experience with fabricating the proprietary Robertshaw UTS Double Bead end on 5/16", ~0.035" aluminum tubing.

My goal is to repair a GE Monogram gas cooktop that was damaged in disassembly.  GE no longer supplies the replacement center supply tube P/N  WB28X10033.  I have searched high and low for new or used center and other position supply tubes with the double bead end that I could use directly or modify and extend to produce a suitable replacement.  I have been told by an older local appliance repair technician that he once owned the special hydraulic service tool that formed the Robertshaw double bead end on raw tubing, so I know that such a thing existed at one time.  Unfortunately, I can not find any information on the tool and have not been able to locate one anywhere.  Robertshaw and GE are of zero help.

My ask is if anyone out there has any knowledge of such a tool, either the manufacturer and part number, or has a tool they would consider selling or renting, or could fabricate ends on a length of 5/6" tubing for a fee.  My fall back is to make a custom rolling die forming tool but my preference would be to find either a replacement supply tube or a functional Robershaw field service double bead forming tool.

Any leads or help would be greatly appreciated.  I realize that the effort and expense of repairing and restoring this cooktop no doubt exceeds it's value. The cooktop has aesthetic and sentimental value to my wife, so its important to me.

Thanks in advance for reading and for any leads or suggestions.

Veem    

Robertshaw-Double-Bead-end.jpg

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veem

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images